Hi vis jacket and reflective jacket are both designed to increase the visibility of the wearer, especially in low light conditions. These types of jackets are often worn by construction workers, joggers, pedestrians, and cyclists to make themselves more visible to others and reduce the risk of accidents. In this article, we will compare hi vis jacket and reflective jacket to help you understand the differences and decide which type of jacket is best for your needs.
What is a hi vis jacket?
Hi vis jacket, also known as high visibility jackets, are designed to make the wearer stand out by using bright colors such as fluorescent yellow or orange. These colors are highly visible in daylight and are easy to spot from a distance. Hi vis jacket is often used where visibility is important, such as cycling, running, construction, transportation, and emergency services.
Hi vis jacket can also have reflective material, such as strips or panels, to increase visibility in low light conditions. However, the main purpose of a hi vis jacket is to use bright colors to stand out, rather than reflect light back to the source.
Advantages of hi vis jacket
- Highly visible in daylight: Hi vis jacket use bright colors that are easy to see in daylight, making them an excellent choice for work environments where visibility is important during the day.
- Durable: Hi vis jacket is made from sturdy materials that can withstand regular wear and tear, making them a good choice for industrial or outdoor work environments.
- Comfortable: Hi-viz jackets are often made from breathable fabric to keep the wearer comfortable, especially in hot or humid conditions.
What is a reflective jacket?
Reflective jacket is designed to increase visibility by reflecting light back to the source. They use reflective material, such as strips or panels, to reflect light from a light source, such as the headlights of a car. This makes the wearer more visible in low light conditions, such as at night or in fog.
Reflective jacket is often worn by pedestrians, joggers, and cyclists to increase their visibility and safety while out on the roads. They are also used in certain work environments where visibility is important, such as in warehouses or at night.
Advantages of reflective jacket
- Highly visible in low light conditions: Reflective jackets use reflective material to reflect light back to the source, making them highly effective at increasing visibility in low light conditions.
- Meet certain safety standards: Reflective jacket often meet safety standards that require the use of reflective material, such as ANSI/ISEA 107 for high visibility clothing in the United States.
- Comfortable: Reflective jackets can be made from a variety of materials, including breathable fabric, to keep the wearer comfortable while wearing them.
Both hi vis jacket and reflective jacket have their own advantages, and which one is best for you will depend on your needs and the specific environment you will be in. If visibility is important during the day, a hi vis jacket with bright colors may be the better choice. However, if visibility is important in low light conditions, such as at night or in fog, a reflective jacket may be more effective.
It’s a good idea to have both types of jackets in your wardrobe if you frequently participate in activities where visibility is important. This way, you will have the right type of jacket for any situation you may encounter.
In conclusion, hi vis jacket and reflective jacket are both important tools for increasing visibility and safety in a variety of environments. By understanding the differences between the two and choosing the right type of jacket for your needs, you can stay safe and visible while participating in activities where visibility is important.