High-vis bomber jackets are a type of outerwear that combines the warmth and protection of a traditional bomber jacket with the added visibility of reflective material. It is designed to keep the wearer warm and visible in low-light conditions, making it an essential piece of personal protective equipment for workers in a variety of industries.
High-vis bomber jackets are typically made from water-resistant or waterproof materials and are lined with insulation to keep the wearer warm and dry in wet or cold conditions. They often have reflective stripes or patches to increase visibility, and may also have additional features such as detachable hoods, adjustable cuffs, and multiple pockets.
The Bomber’s Origins
The bomber jacket, also known as a flight jacket, was originally designed for pilots to wear while flying at high altitudes. The first bomber jackets were made from leather and were worn by military pilots during World War I to keep them warm in the unheated cockpits of their planes.
Over time, the bomber jacket became a popular piece of outerwear for civilians as well. It was adopted by various subcultures, such as the “greasers” of the 1950s and the “mods” of the 1960s, and became a fashion staple in the decades that followed.
Today, the bomber jacket is available in a variety of materials, including nylon, cotton, and polyester, and is no longer just for pilots. It is a popular choice for casual wear and is often worn as a fashion statement.
The high-vis bomber jackets are a variation of the traditional bomber jacket that incorporates reflective material to increase visibility. It is worn by workers in hazardous environments to increase visibility and provide protection from the elements.
Features of High-Vis Bomber Jackets
High-vis bomber jackets are a type of outerwear that is designed to keep the wearer warm and visible in low-light conditions. It typically has the following features:
- Reflective material: High-vis bomber jackets are designed to increase visibility, and as such, they often incorporate reflective material into their design. This can be in the form of reflective stripes or patches, or it can be in the form of reflective tape or other accents.
- Insulation: High-vis bomber jackets are often lined with insulation to keep the wearer warm in cold temperatures. The insulation can be made from a variety of materials, such as synthetic fibers or down feathers, and may be removable for added versatility.
- Water-resistant or waterproof material: High-vis bomber jackets are often made from water-resistant or waterproof materials to keep the wearer dry in wet conditions. These materials may have a special coating or treatment to make them resistant to water.
- Detachable hood: Some high-vis bomber jackets have a detachable hood that can be removed or added as needed for added protection from the elements.
- Adjustable cuffs: High-vis bomber jackets may have adjustable cuffs, such as those with velcro closures, to help keep the wrists warm and to prevent drafts from entering the jacket.
- Multiple pockets: High-vis bomber jackets may have multiple pockets, such as zippered pockets or flapped pockets, to provide storage for small items and to keep the hands warm.
- Zipper or button closure: High-vis bomber jackets may have a zipper or button closure to help keep the wearer warm and to provide added protection from the elements.
Purchase High-Vis Bomber Jackets
There are several key factors to consider when purchasing high-vis bomber jackets, including the type of work environment, the level of visibility required, and the climate in which the jacket will be worn.
For example, if workers work on a construction site, they may need high-vis bomber jackets that meet certain safety standards, such as ANSI/ISEA 107-2010, which specifies the minimum levels of visibility and performance for high-visibility apparel. In this case, you should look for a jacket that is certified to meet these standards and has the required number of reflective stripes or patches.
In addition to meeting safety standards, it’s also important to consider the climate in which the jacket will be worn. If workers work in a cold environment, they may want high-vis bomber jackets with a thicker lining or insulation to keep them warm. On the other hand, if they work in a warmer climate, you may want a lighter, more breathable jacket to keep you cool.
Other features to consider when purchasing high-vis bomber jackets include the fit, the number and placement of pockets, and the type of closure (such as a zipper or buttons). You should also consider the durability and quality of the jacket, as it will be subjected to wear and tear in a hazardous work environment.
To sum up, high-vis bomber jackets are an essential piece of personal protective equipment for workers in hazardous environments. When purchasing high-vis bomber jackets, it’s important to consider the type of work environment, the level of visibility required, the climate in which the jacket will be worn, and other features such as fit, pockets, and closure. By considering these factors, you can choose high-vis bomber jackets that meet your needs and keeps workers safe and visible on the job.
High-vis bomber jackets from Lino are available in a range of sizes and styles to suit different body types and preferences. If you are ready to source this high-vis bomber jackets, we could come up with new designs based on your ideas and differentiate your products from others. For any questions, please feel free to contact us!