It’s a well-known fact that running and jogging have numerous health benefits. Furthermore, the Sports & Fitness Industry Association released a report in 2020 stating that an average of 50 million Americans take part in jogging or running of some kind.
Since most running or jogging takes place on public roads, it’s crucial to wear the most reflective running gear to ensure safety and visibility. If you’re looking to improve your health by taking up running, then this guide is for you. We’ll take a look at the types of reflective running gear available as well as the features to consider when considering the safest gear.
What Time of Day Should You Wear Reflective Running Gear?
Reflective running gear must be worn at all times of the day. Visibility isn’t restricted in the morning and late afternoon. Therefore, wearing reflective running gear for every session ensures you’re visible in any light condition including sun reflection.
There are several features to consider when you start your search for the perfect reflective running gear. We’ve highlighted the top features to consider.
Opting for gear that’s durable will ensure that you have it for as long as you need it. Always choose a high-performance fabric that easily reflects light, creating sufficient visibility. The fabric should be strong and not tear easily. A good material choice is a breathable polyester.
Quality reflective running gear shouldn’t be any heavier because it contains reflective elements. In fact, lightweight items are more popular as they’re easier and more comfortable to wear.
The real purpose of reflective running gear is to make you visible to drivers, cyclists, and any other people on the road. Opting for material that features 360-degree visibility ensures that you can be seen by vehicles on either side of the road.
Since reflective running gear is often worn over regular clothes, it’s important to choose items made from comfortable materials. Here you want gear that’s waterproof and sweat-resistant. If you’ve taken up running for health benefits, the last thing you want to do is wear clothes that make you sweat excessively.
Various Types for Different Seasons
Running in different seasons will require various reflective running gear options. For summer, opt for lightweight options over your running shirt such as a vest, sash, or reflective hi-visibility cap.
The vest, sash, and reflective accessories are ideal for all seasons, as they are worn outside the clothing.
During the winter months, it’s a good idea to opt for your warmer, yet equally reflective running gear such as a reflective winter jacket. Another option to keep you both warm and visible in the colder months is the reflective reversible vest body warmer. Despite having remarkable thermal properties, the body warmer also has high visibility.
Different Types of Reflective Running Gear
Another exceptional benefit of choosing reflective running gear is that there are several types of clothes to choose from. Whether you need a jacket, a simple sash, or other accessories, we’ve got what you need.
Here are a few popular reflective running gear items to consider for your next run.
- Reflective running vest/gilet: Made of breathable fluorescent polyester fabric, this vest features black stretch webbing and side buckles for easy sizing. Simply place it over your existing t-shirt. High-performance reflective tape has been sewn all around the vest. For ladies, there’s the rainbow reflective lady gilet that features a rainbow reflective fabric. Alternatively, runners who run or jog in the late evening or early morning when it’s still dark can opt for the unisex enhanced reflective running gilet. It boasts a boosted reflective HI-VIS fabric that makes you visible in the dark.
- Reflective running sash: This popular sash option is unisex and adjustable to fit all body types and sizes. As it’s made from a flexible and breathable material, it’s easy to fit over several layers of clothing. Its 360-degree visibility makes it highly reflective. Available in an assortment of colors, it also features superior-quality silver elastic reflective tape.
- Reflective running jacket: 100% polyester material that’s 20471 certified and features 360-degree visibility, making it easy to be seen no matter what the light or weather conditions are. With stretchy side panels, it’s breathable, comfortable, and water-resistant. All these features make it the ideal winter must-have for anyone walking, jogging, or running during the colder periods.
- Reflective shirt: Made of 100% polyester birdseye mesh, this shirt option has breathable reflective tape. With moisture-wicking treatment, it’s ideal to wear during running as perspiration is drawn away from the skin. Despite being used as a safety shirt, this shirt is reflective and functional enough to use for running and jogging.
- Reflective accessories: A variety of reflective accessories include a reflective hi-visibility cap–excellent for keeping the sun away from your face. If you’re wearing shorts in the summer months, reflective gaitersfor lower legs are the perfect way to add visibility to your legs. Additionally, reflective arm and ankle bands can be worn to be worn alone or in conjunction with other reflective gear.
Whether you’re running on the road or on a dedicated off-road trail, reflective running gear is essential. With the variety of reflective running gear options to choose from, it’s easy to find the right garment or accessory to highlight your presence on the road.
Finding the best quality reflective running gear is as simple as visiting the Lino Safety Clothing Specialist website. For additional information, call our experts today at +86 181579 21168. Our skilled design team is eagerly waiting to provide you with reflective running gear that’s not only stylish but visible too!